Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stone Island (2 Images, which one seems the fake) ?

Default Stone Island (2 Images, which one seems the fake) ?

I have just recently found this site by being linked from another in relation to fake 'Stone Island' clothing.

Having done a quick search i've noticed that a good amount of you are able to clearly tell the difference between a fake/genuine item.

Would it be possible for any of you to check the following pictures of the same item, as i have just bought one of them on ebay at the last minute of seeing the listing so was unable to ask any questions as how i normally would do.

Image 1:
    Image 2:

As can be seen from the images they have a few differences (ie. Side Badge, Cord ect.), I have yet to pay for the one i had bought so i have'nt been done yet, knew i should have looked more in detail.

I would appreciate any help. - Marc
    Last edited by Marc; 05-30-2008 at 04:20 AM.

whats the sellers feedback like? and was it dirt cheap. these are usually two good indicators for authenticity.

the other big problem with ebay is a seller will post a photo and then send a completely different garment, so photos are not always a good starting point when buying from ebay.

Banned

the bottom image looks a bit rough and ready. is it a secondhand knit?

The price was very low for what i had expected it to go for, as it wasn't even half of my maximum amount which i had placed. Comes to around 40.

The one i had won is '' Image 1 '' that i think maybe a fake version, mainly down to the quality of the fabric/badge and different cord end when zooming into the two.

Seller currently as 99.7% on his feedback so itsn't much of a problem.
    - Marc
    Last edited by Marc; 05-31-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Banned

not bad feedback on that number of sales. the top one does look a loose knit. was it advertised as new. don't say the seller is based in china

Banned

oh yeah and cd is the man here for si and cp gear. he'll probably be able to offer more insight.

That's good to hear, both sellers are based in the UK.

I have'nt completed any payment yet, so i can try to work something out with the seller if it does turn out to be a fake.

Thanks for both of your replys.
    Last edited by Marc; 05-31-2008 at 08:08 PM.

Banned

do you know the rrp? and is it a current season piece? if its new, less than half-price and current season then it is 99.99999999% fake.

None of them happen to list the release year, probably last years not really sure to be honest. Both of them were listed as being Used/New without tags.

Hopefully somebody can confirm which one seems to be the least retail version as they both seem different in a few areas.

as dd said most conmen on ebay will include a photo of a genuine product and then send a counterfeit so photos are not a good way to gauge the authentivity of an item. that said, the bottom one does look a tighter and more quality garment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast