Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: jimmy choo "the man" back

Quote Originally Posted by insomniax View Post
    what happened about that chatter about jimmy choo doing a menswear collection with noharm?
    I think that was the jimmy choo couture brand not the jimmy choo high street brand

Banned

here's some more news

Jimmy Choo is to launch its first mens range. With pries at 395 and 695, the line collection will be in line with the brand's women's offer. The collection includes a pair of crocodile-print Hunter wellies and gentlemen's evening slippers, as well as cashmere high-top sneakers.

Chief creative officer Mellon said: 'My vision of the Jimmy Choo man is one who exudes confidence and style whether he is an artist or an investment banker.

Mellon, who was recently awarded an OBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List for her services to business and charity, has taken less than two decades to turn a small bespoke shoemaker into a major global brand estimated to be worth 500m selling shoes, handbags and perfume.

The Jimmy Choo brand currently has boutiques across the world, from London to Las Vegas - and a loyal following of fashionistas who are undaunted by 1,000-plus price tags.

Last year, the label created a cut-price collection with High Street giant H&M, while the collaboration with Ugg proved just as popular.

Mellon, who owns one fifth of the company, is the 64th richest woman in Britain, reportedly worth around 100million.

this is not exactly true because jimmy choo the actual man did produce men's footwear. i remember as a really young kid going into his factory off of mare street opposit the old cordwainers college and seeing men's shoes and i think my uncle bought some for the markets. i'll ask him when i see him next.

Quote Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
    this is not exactly true because jimmy choo the actual man did produce men's footwear. i remember as a really young kid going into his factory off of mare street opposit the old cordwainers college and seeing men's shoes and i think my uncle bought some for the markets. i'll ask him when i see him next.
    what is the exact story between jimmy choo (the original brand which princess diana made famous) and the jimmy choo brand created by tamara yeardye/Mellon?

did jimmy choo design them or just manufacture them?

did you meet jimmy choo?

Quote Originally Posted by getcaned View Post
    did you meet jimmy choo?
    a few times. could never understand a word he said though the man was a genuine work-a-holic.

Quote Originally Posted by getcaned View Post
    what is the exact story between jimmy choo (the original brand which princess diana made famous) and the jimmy choo brand created by tamara yeardye/Mellon?
    your right. diana's patronage is what made jimmy choo and is probably what indirectly attracted tamara to the brand. i recall my uncle buying shoes from jimmy's factory off mare street that were as cheap and cheerful as you could get. people down the local markets didn't even want to pay more than 20 quid for them. how things change.

SW1

does he make the shoes he wears? or maybe he wears shoes by another designer?

How old is jimmy choo? Is he married?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast