Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: celebrities wearing fur

Default celebrities wearing fur

what's the few on celebrities wearing fur? people like kanye west jenny lpez ect?

i see the danish government is taking a stand

Danish Government & Media Slams Fur Industry, Again

fur is beautiful but they shouldn't wear it. But celebs probably don't know how the animals suffer. maybe they don't care eithier. Aren't the animals electrocuted or something? Fake fur is OK but I wouldn't want any peta crazies throwing red paint on me so I don't even wear that.

I think in the main celebrities who wear fur do so out of ignorance. they are generally so out of touch with the real world and I genuinely believe that if they really did understand the suffering that takes place and just how unpopular it all is with the general public they wouldnt wear it. Lets be honest their whole career is based around their popularity after all.
    What I am and who I want to be

i'm not convinced. i think they know exactly what they're doing and are going for some publicity. as we all know being controversial is a great way to glean attention.

Quote Originally Posted by getcaned View Post
    i'm not convinced. i think they know exactly what they're doing and are going for some publicity. as we all know being controversial is a great way to glean attention.
    you're giving them too much credit. imho they don't even give it a thought. they like it and that's all that matters.

his karl's one dimensional take on the issue:

--------------

Despite the fact that Chanel kingpin, Karl Lagerfeld, does not wear fur himself, he defends the practice. “In a meat-eating world, wearing leather for shoes and clothes and even handbags, the discussion of fur is childish,” and that we are simply “killing those beasts who would kill us if they could.”

-----------------

tbh i thought he wore and used fur.

old karl is such a philosopher.

Quote Originally Posted by BASS View Post

--------------

Despite the fact that Chanel kingpin, Karl Lagerfeld, does not wear fur himself, he defends the practice. “In a meat-eating world, wearing leather for shoes and clothes and even handbags, the discussion of fur is childish,” and that we are simply “killing those beasts who would kill us if they could.”

-----------------

hahaha.....
    without going into details what I think or do not think about this fur business;
    but that is a funny statement!!
    ..... “killing those beasts who would kill us if they could.”....
    Gonna have to write lol cause I most certainly am laughing out loud.
    man, that is a killer comment!......a line fit for any self-respecting stand-up comedian.
    Last edited by adero; 01-10-2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Can you imagine being mauled to death by a mink

Quote Originally Posted by BASS View Post

--------------

-----------------

have i understood this? karl uses fur but never wears it? is that hypocrisy or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast