Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Counterfeits - great article

Default Counterfeits - great article

The Cost of Counterfeiting | The Big Picture

go check it out. 750,000 jobs lost in usa alone due to fakes.

what's your view on counterfeiting. i have read some posts here that say you were the owner of ed hardy so you must hate fakes with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by punkfunkdunk View Post
    what's your view on counterfeiting. i have read some posts here that say you were the owner of ed hardy so you must hate fakes with a passion.

yep, hate fakes as it steals intellectual property. but i am totally for "gray market" goods. this is when someone buys legitimate goods and exports them to different regions.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkyu View Post
    yep, hate fakes as it steals intellectual property. but i am totally for "gray market" goods. this is when someone buys legitimate goods and exports them to different regions.
    what do you say to the argument that when you buy unauthorised goods you never know if they are genuine because they come via an illegitimate route and that the buy can never return these goods if there's a problem?

I'm pretty much of the same opinion, so long as what is being sold is genuine and it doesnt undercut the authorised dealers then I guess thats what is most important. I suppose the main issue is that of genuine grey market goods being mixed with fakes, but this subject has been done to death in another thread so I wont labour it.
    What I am and who I want to be

SW1

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnymonster View Post
    I'm pretty much of the same opinion, so long as what is being sold is genuine and it doesnt undercut the authorised dealers then I guess thats what is most important. I suppose the main issue is that of genuine grey market goods being mixed with fakes, but this subject has been done to death in another thread so I wont labour it.
    you mean the thread that has been going on for 5 years

hey ikkyu, what do you find great about the article? hasn't everything in the article been said a thousand times already?

Quote Originally Posted by usaTaylor View Post
    hey ikkyu, what do you find great about the article? hasn't everything in the article been said a thousand times already?

that is true about everything ever discussed. it has all been said before......

i liked the graphics and the breakdown of the finanaical analysis of it

that is true about everything ever discussed. it has all been said before......

i liked the graphics and the breakdown of the finanaical analysis of it
    when you owned the ed hardy brand did the grey market cost you anything? obvious fakes did but i would like to know what impact parallel imports have on the brand owners.

Quote Originally Posted by getcaned View Post
    when you owned the ed hardy brand did the grey market cost you anything? obvious fakes did but i would like to know what impact parallel imports have on the brand owners.

My guess is it didnt cost anything other than perhaps dealership trust. Financially there is every chance that those items put out for grey import were likely sold at a higher price anyway to those dealers/agents engaing in that activity, and of course it also meant sales could be made in localities which had no official network of potential dealerships/ outlets. That could only be good for the brands expansion into new territories.
    What I am and who I want to be

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-10-2013, 01:47 AM