Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best shirts 70 - 150 price bracket..?

Banned

Default Best shirts 70 - 150 price bracket..?

I don't really wear or even own many shirts as I prefer to wear polos, having said that, I wouldn't mind a few shirts as a change.

I was thinking along the lines of Boss, Armani, Paul Smith as best within that price bracket. What do you think..?

UK2004 will hopefully offer some solid advice.

UK is the man for this question. i personally like giorgio armani for special occasions and paul & shark do good quality casual shirts at a reasonable cost.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dumb5 View Post
    UK is the man for this question. i personally like giorgio armani for special occasions and paul & shark do good quality casual shirts at a reasonable cost.
    Was looking at the Armani Jeans shirt range. Reasonably priced and good clean styling. Paul and Shark I'm not keen on, seems a bit too hoolie/pikey styled with all the stripes and checks going on. I can just see the hoolies in them with all their other expensive clobber, looking like the twats that they do lol. They may have money but they prove it sure doesn't buy style.

Don't like Hackett, RL, HL either. I've got a Lacoste shirt so don't want another..

What are we talking here, contempory or smart that can go with a suit.

Contempory Im not to sure about although Thomas Pink have brought out a new contempory collection which Im a fan of. Just look at the standard brands for contempory shirts. Somewhere like luisaviaroma.com ::: home page ::: would be a good place to start.

If were talking smart then look no further than Ozwald Boateng, might be at the very top end of your price range but just make it happen, nothing compares.

Hugo Boss for sure. In comparison with the PS or Armani jeans...definitely Hugo Boss.
    Unless you go considerably up in price and go italian Boss really can't be beat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidon View Post
    What are we talking here, contempory or smart that can go with a suit.

Contempory Im not to sure about although Thomas Pink have brought out a new contempory collection which Im a fan of. Just look at the standard brands for contempory shirts. Somewhere like luisaviaroma.com ::: home page ::: would be a good place to start.

If were talking smart then look no further than Ozwald Boateng, might be at the very top end of your price range but just make it happen, nothing compares.
    Sorry, I should have said which style. Smart casual /contempory is what I'm after. Thanks a bunch for the info though, I'll have a gander anyways. You dont know if Boateng does smart casual shirts..?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Candleguy View Post
    Hugo Boss for sure. In comparison with the PS or Armani jeans...definitely Hugo Boss.
    Unless you go considerably up in price and go italian Boss really can't be beat.
    Thanks man. I was pretty certain Boss would be a top choice I just wanted to know if anything else was on a par with it. Are D&G shirts (not the Dolce Gabbana ) worth concidering, even for smart casual, or should I look else where? UK2004 said to avoid 'em or summat...?

Umm depends how your defining casual I suppose. The cut of them is to be worn tucked in to trousers but they are not classic shirts as such and the cut , style and colours are absolutely cutting edge. Boateng along with Kilgour really are at the cutting edge of high end mens fashion. Much more exclusive and luxurious than Dolce and gabbana, Boss, Armani and other run of the mill brands.

Back to the point I wear Boateng shirts for club nights collar open and they look fantastic, I am often complimented on them so although not casual per say they are certainly versatile enough to be worn without a suit and tie.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidon View Post
    Back to the point I wear Boateng shirts for club nights collar open and they look fantastic, I am often complimented on them so although not casual per say they are certainly versatile enough to be worn without a suit and tie.
    Sounds like exactly what I'm after. Cheers. Know any shops stocking Boateng?

Ummm Saville Row boutique and Selfridges are the only stockists I know of.

Check their website

Ozwald Boateng

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast