Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: androgynous fashion

Default androgynous fashion

pompous title i know! anyways should mens and womens fashion ever meet. i mean is it ever acceptable for men and women to wear the same type of clothing and footwear. i realise body shapes will always ensure some kind of gulf between the sexes bit should designers ever look to bridge the gap and make androgynous fashion? i dont mean what we've discussed in the past with juicy couture trying to pussify men i mean real in the middle androgynous fashion.

havent brands and designers like mcqueen, galliano, lagerfeld, dior, westwood been doing this for decades. or are you saying these brands and designers are not actually making cross-over clothing but are just making clothing which pussifies men?

Banned

What is the most pussiest brand out do you think? I want to do an experiment whereby I dress metro for a week, see if it makes any difference.

top of the heap is Juciy Couture closely followed by dsquared

agree with juicy not sure i agree with dsquared although it can be camp. most of the hi-fashion designers are gay so they will try to camp up their consummers, whether its d&g, cavalli, lagerfeld, galliano, mcqueen, dior (hedi). also brands from sweden go for that cross-gender thing like nudie, acne, red and lets not forget apc is built on gender non-conformity.

Must we not forget also the brands like True Religion, Seven for all Mankind and these other brands made for women.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by done-diesel View Post
    most of the hi-fashion designers are gay so they will try to camp up their consummers, whether its d&g, cavalli, lagerfeld, galliano, mcqueen, dior (hedi). also brands from sweden go for that cross-gender thing like nudie, acne, red and lets not forget apc is built on gender non-conformity.
    Does everyone else agree with this? If so, I will avoid all these brands at all costs (bar D&G). Don't get me wrong I'm not into all this macho bullshit, but to me men should still look masculine even if they do 'look after' themselves. It's hard to get the right balance of not looking like a hooligan (See Danny Dyer in any Hooligan film) and not looking too faggy. This is my eternal dilemma Maybe I'm repressed..?
    Last edited by Pringle; 02-11-2008 at 12:11 PM.

we had a long thread about this some time ago and the conclusion was (with evidence) that most top designers are glad to be gay. that said i dont think these designers are trying to clandestinely convert the world of macho men to handbag clutching nancy boys and all us straight butch boys can safely wear these top designers.

nothing wrong with cavalli or dior

Quote Originally Posted by done-diesel View Post
    agree with juicy not sure i agree with dsquared although it can be camp. most of the hi-fashion designers are gay so they will try to camp up their consummers, whether its d&g, cavalli, lagerfeld, galliano, mcqueen, dior (hedi). also brands from sweden go for that cross-gender thing like nudie, acne, red and lets not forget apc is built on gender non-conformity.
    Roberto Cavalli is not gay, he has children and is on his third or fourth marriage, he's a ladies man!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast