Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: kato jeans

Default kato jeans

are kato jeans worth the high price? seen some online but not seen them for real yet.

simple answer is YES.....

but then I work with them!!

the price is sadly high due to the nature of the production and the cost on import, the short looming and the ZIM cotton and double harvest indigo all cost, with less producers on the cotton and the age of the weaver and dyer growing older there are simply higher cost and with the EU new import 'issues' with cotton and the higher tax in Japan on the processes..sorry am I boring....it just cost us more to produce a higher quality denim

Neil

Banned

whats so special about cotton for zimbabwe? and what makes it organic?

Banned

and another thing with all the issues in zimbabwe how is any cotton ever produced and exported out?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by altitude View Post
    and another thing with all the issues in zimbabwe how is any cotton ever produced and exported out?
    good point. everyone is talking about zim organic cotton and their people are starving and they have inflation running at about 10,000% or something like that.

148,000% most recent estimate!

maybe we should boycott Zimbabwe cotton!?
    what makes organic cotton from there any better than org cotton from somewhere else?
    surely it must exist!?
    or doesn't it? anyone knows?

it does seem odd the way all the brands talk about zimbabwian cotton like it's gold dust.

Hello,

ZIM cotton is one of the longest stand cottons and very strong, yes there are HUGE issues with buying it right now, we have been buying direct from grower cotton not through the ZIM cotton corp. we like many others are looking at other cottons developed in other regions, manly due to the unpleasent taste in my mouth in any dealing with the region. but we do buy from grower and some is getting out, not much we bought our last shipment 9 months ago, due to the lenghtly dying and weaving process we use that will be in next season garments, but after that we'll be looking to source elsewhere.

for why it so good is no chemiclas are used in it growth, it's grown above the level of normal pests (10000 ft above sea level) in a clean soil, it takes the dye and pruduces a good cloth

on my way out but I'm happy to answer any question about this in greater depth later....

Neil

what is the soil special in zimbabwe or something? why can't growers plant the same long strand cotton plants in some other country where the government doesn't abuse and tyrannise it's citizens?

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast