Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: organic fashion

Default organic fashion

do you shop for organic fashion? if yes, what is your favourite organic fashion brand?

there are so many little brands jumping on this bandwagon who are just in it for the money. i got a loomstate tee and a rogan jacket. i would like to buy more but i wont be fooled by these disingenuous little brands.

Quote Originally Posted by dumb5 View Post
    there are so many little brands jumping on this bandwagon who are just in it for the money. i got a loomstate tee and a rogan jacket. i would like to buy more but i wont be fooled by these disingenuous little brands.
    have to say that there is a few already existing brands -as you say-jumping on the bandwagon, offering a "green" line as a complement to their collection.
    surely that can only be a good thing even though fundamentally, it is a marketing thing.
    they are trying to get inside your wallet somehow anyway....
    but it is something positive at the end of the day.

it easy to be cynical about this whole green thing when it comes to some of the (most of the) brands. as adero says it ultimately has to be a good thing.

rogan and sugar cane both cater for the enviro-shopper. SC40401 Hawaiian vintage cut selvedge canes are my next planned denim buy.

Quote Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
    rogan and sugar cane both cater for the enviro-shopper. SC40401 Hawaiian vintage cut selvedge canes are my next planned denim buy.
    what do they do in order to be "organically" correct?

Because The Industry Is So Nascent There Are No Real Standards. Sugar Cane Have A History Of Producing Denim Made With Fibres Which Are Apparently Less Harmful To The Environment. A Lot Of The Other Brands Are Just Seeing An Opportunity To Make Hard Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by DISINFO View Post
    Because The Industry Is So Nascent There Are No Real Standards. Sugar Cane Have A History Of Producing Denim Made With Fibres Which Are Apparently Less Harmful To The Environment. A Lot Of The Other Brands Are Just Seeing An Opportunity To Make Hard Cash.
    Shame SUgar Cane aren't so ethical when it comes to using exotic animal skins.

Quote Originally Posted by DISINFO View Post
    so SC are not in it to make money then?
    they seem to sell it in a whole lotta different country's.
    what about the Carbon Footprint - Calculate, Reduce and Offset - Welcome to Carbon Footprint
    how do they tackle that issue?

yeah the snake skin patch is not exact congruent with ethics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-04-2013, 01:01 PM