Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D&g Sizing

Default D&g Sizing

Does Anyone Else Have A Problem With D&g's Sizing? Everything Is 2 Or 3 Sizes Smaller Than The Tag. I Ordered A Pair Of Jeans. I Am A 33 So I Ordered A 34 And They Are Smaller Than My Armani 30 Waist. This Has Happen With D&g Shirts In The Past As Well.

ive had similar issues... best thing is: i bought a 36, perfect fit. then few months later i try on another 36, way too small.
    Also same thing with tee's, sometimes XL is a perfect fit, sometimes its just too small.

I have one D&G t-shirt size small..I think I should be worried..I have some others that are medium.

this is a major gripe with a lot of retailers and is something d&g should sort out. then again, d&g is a law unto itself.

It is the same for D&G ladieswear

Why is it reputable Designer Labels can be so far out when it comes to sizing? You would at least think with the prices they charge, they could be accurate when it comes down to sizing!

I know it's the same with CP Company aswell to name another.

Banned

Most, if not all Italian brands are small fit and a good percentage of other countries products like Japan and France are small fit too. If you want something that's more accurate to it's actual listed size I find Pringle, Hackett (hate the brand though), Boss, Lacoste, NewMan, Smedley are more generous and accurate. Alot of the time its down to how the garment is intended to fit. Eg; an XL intended to be worn fitted will obviously be smaller than an XL intended to be a casual fit, but not always. You will see this difference on the chest measurements within products of the same brand. I've seen some brands were an XL comes up as a 38" which is obviously intended as a skin tight/very fitted look- it was a fitted jumper IIRC. Aquascutum has or used to anyway have their polo's and shirts in two different categories of fit ie 'normal/regular' and 'fitted/ slimfit'

Something needs to be done though to clarify this confusion as it makes online shopping a royal PITA!

diesel is the worst by far. with one pair of jeans i tried on 3 sizes smaller than a pair of boss.

When you think about it ,it is really of very little consequence. Try it on .
    My D&G shirt is a 47...what the hell does that mean? i have no idea but it fits
    And no it isn't collar in cm.. or chest in IN so who knows.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Candleguy View Post
    When you think about it ,it is really of very little consequence. Try it on .
    My D&G shirt is a 47...what the hell does that mean? i have no idea but it fits
    And no it isn't collar in cm.. or chest in IN so who knows.
    But you cant try it on if you're buying online....

It's euro sizing.
    Size conversions for American, British and European clothing and shoes
    Euro 47 comes up as in between 36" and 38" chest in British sizing. I'd be a size 54 in euro= 42" chest.
    Last edited by Pringle; 03-03-2008 at 05:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast