Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: manorexia

Banned

Default manorexia

is manorexia for real or just a media driven phenomenon?

Following the decision to ban size zero female models from the catwalk, Clothes Show Live is taking a stance against skinny male models too. The fashion and beauty event viewed over 250 potential male and female models at a recent casting and won’t be working with unnaturally thing models. The decision has been made as part of an ongoing commitment to promote a healthy body images and responsibility within the fashion industry.

The move follows reports that the number of men treated for anorexia - or "manorexia" has increased by 67% in the past five years. This rise has been attributed to the fashion industry’s increasing preference for very slender male models; as well as to the popularity of celebrities such as Russell Brand, Johnny Borrell and Pete Doherty who have made the boyish male physique fashionable within the younger male population.

i think i might have manorexia... i'm meeting my psychiatric nurse for lunch next week.

Banned

do you think the skinny jeans fad has anything to do with manorexia?

Quote Originally Posted by dumb5 View Post
    i think i might have manorexia... i'm meeting my psychiatric nurse for lunch next week.
    Reminds me of a fave joke of a friend 'Me neurotic? My therapist will hear about this!' He may have stole it from somewhere.

I could possibly pass as an anorexic as I am that thin. I need to start eating properly- I would probably be happier and healther if I were overweight.

People come in all shapes and sizes naturally so i dont think it really matters if you appear a little overweight or underweight so long as you are happy and healthy. I think that there is a lot of pressure on men these days as there has been on women for years to look slim. Like you say celebs that are stick thin ( and probably on drugs most of the time so never eat properly) are influencing guys. I say just be who you are, the world would be a very boring place if we were all the same
    What I am and who I want to be

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnymonster View Post
    People come in all shapes and sizes naturally so i dont think it really matters if you appear a little overweight or underweight so long as you are happy and healthy. I think that there is a lot of pressure on men these days as there has been on women for years to look slim. Like you say celebs that are stick thin ( and probably on drugs most of the time so never eat properly) are influencing guys. I say just be who you are, the world would be a very boring place if we were all the same

Quote Originally Posted by honcho View Post
    do you think the skinny jeans fad has anything to do with manorexia?
    no! manorexia is a euphemism for "weak minded man"!

Banned

scary or what?

Banned

and

Banned

and here's dumb5 after his crash diet

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast