Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diffusion lines

Banned

Default diffusion lines

are diffusion lines the answer to a rough economy and limited high street spending?

the extreme rich will always be rich and buy expensive clothing regardless of the economy. if the brand attracts mere mortals on the other hand then yes a diffusion line will help sell more product.

it will be interesting to see if more brands dont come out with diffusion lines for the recessionista.

If anything people will probably ignore the diffusion brands altogether and just buy fakes that look like the top product instead. That said many people do that even when money isnt short.
    What I am and who I want to be

tbh most people dont even know about diffusion lines. they just see armani somewhere and dont realise they are buying AJX, which means youre buying H&M quality for armani prices.
    I explain lots of my friends there is a difference between D&G and dolce&gabbana etc etc.

diffusion lines can have merit if they are executed correctly. firstly the brand has to make sure they market the diffusion line correctly to their target audience. at the same time they need to make sure they do not alienate their mainline audience or devalue the overall brand. ultimately, the price-point of the diffusion line needs to make sense to the new potential buyer. in the end the diffusion line needs to be very distinct from the mainline yet it must also be clearly related. a difficult and rarely achieved balance.

Quote Originally Posted by insomniax View Post
    diffusion lines can have merit if they are executed correctly. firstly the brand has to make sure they market the diffusion line correctly to their target audience. at the same time they need to make sure they do not alienate their mainline audience or devalue the overall brand. ultimately, the price-point of the diffusion line needs to make sense to the new potential buyer. in the end the diffusion line needs to be very distinct from the mainline yet it must also be clearly related. a difficult and rarely achieved balance.
    Spot on, couldnt have put it better myself
    What I am and who I want to be

So has McQueen achieved the balance with his McQ diffusion line?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wasted View Post
    So has McQueen achieved the balance with his McQ diffusion line?
    i am going to say no. in my view the mcq line has nagatively impacted the mcqueen mainline. mcqueen has sold his proverbial soul and no longer has claim to being a fashion elite.

have armani achieved the right baance? i mean does ajx negatively impact on armani jeans, giorgio armani or armani collezioni?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-21-2013, 06:44 AM