Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dress down friday

Default dress down friday

who here does dress down friday? what do you dress down from and what do you dress down into? and are your dress down clothes more expensive?

it's an anachronism. something left over from the 90s. do companies still do it?

Not an option at my workplace sadly.
    What I am and who I want to be

we could try a new version called: DUMB DOWN FRIDAY?

gap just had a big dress down friday "publicity stunt" on the new york stock exchange

Quote Originally Posted by dumb5 View Post
    it's an anachronism. something left over from the 90s. do companies still do it?
    A company I used to work for in Singapore had casual Fridays. Every other day folks were walking around in business suits, heh.

we have them at my office... I stick on my armani indigo jeans, white air force 1's, amsterdam t shirt and my SI white tyvec jacket.

Hell yeah I'm the koolest manager!Even had some whispers I'm a "casual"!! (yeah right - I barely know what a footbal looks like!)

I actually love wearing my suits etc to the office but there's something special about fridays - when you run an IT department you get the stigma of being a hermit / cut off from society etc... I like it that I get to display my real self once a week

braidsta, what city do you work in?

Couldn't call it the city mate but I'm on the outskirts of London... guess that's how we get away with a more relaxed approach to fridays, though to be honest that culture's been introduced by a change in CEO.

I dunno why but I am noticably more productive in casual attire - too often though and I know it'd slip!

Photography student here, it's all chill about the clothes :P As long as it covers the needs then no problem, private school or not
    Last edited by darkside_kiddo; 09-06-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast