Thread: levi's sues evisu

Default levi's sues evisu

"........The history is that during the war, the US government forbade all use of unnecessary fabrics. So Levi’s had to stop sew on the thread on the back of each jeans back pocket, and they painted them on instead. Hence the Evisu painted on seagull logo......"
    is this really right? it is per my understanding Evisu were forced to hand paint them over to avoid a trademark intrusion after legal threat?
    do i remember it wrong?

Be interesting to see if such a law suit actually has any bones about it.
    What I am and who I want to be

Quote Originally Posted by adero View Post
    "........The history is that during the war, the US government forbade all use of unnecessary fabrics. So Leviís had to stop sew on the thread on the back of each jeans back pocket, and they painted them on instead. Hence the Evisu painted on seagull logo......"
    is this really right? it is per my understanding Evisu were forced to hand paint them over to avoid a trademark intrusion after legal threat?
    do i remember it wrong?
    there are so many urban myths about the levi's x evis tm infringements it's difficult to know the exact facts.

i suppose the only thing we can be sure of is evisu did originally try to ride on the back of the levi's tm.

call me a cynic but i get the feeling that evisu have orchestrated this latest dispute to help give a bust to their struggling profile.

Quote Originally Posted by dumb5 View Post
    ...call me a cynic but i get the feeling that evisu have orchestrated this latest dispute to help give a bust to their struggling profile.
    My thoughts exactly. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see if anything comes out of this...

if evisu have orchestrated this public conflict then it's was a clever move. that said, i don't think even a loud public controversy will help revivie the evisu brand at this point in time.

I find it difficult to believe a copany would be so conniving. I believe Scott Morrison just made a genuine mistake because he's not altogether familiar with the Evisu brand history.

If Evisu did purposely provoke Levi's it was a very smart move.

heard some of the new evisu washes prepared by morrison are top notch.